[htdig] excluding MIME-TYPE(s)

Subject: [htdig] excluding MIME-TYPE(s)
From: Bob Dusek (bobd@saintjoe.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 15:11:34 PST

Hi all,

I'm new to the list, and I just started getting into HTDig (it rocks,
thus far).

However, I'm having a problem. Just recently, htdig has been crapping
out on us with a "segmentation fault." I have been running it with -vvv
today, though. And, I've run it about 7 times. Each time it has
crapped out. I know what is happening to an extent...

htdig dies.
I look in the log file.
It died when it was digging and ran into a ".ppt" file.
So, I add .ppt to the bad extensions list and start it again.

I run htdig.
htdig runs for a much longer period of time.
htdig dies.
I look in the log file.
It died when it was digging and ran into a ".WAV" file.
So, I add .WAV to the bad extensions list and start it again.

etc.
etc.

I'm using Apache as my web server, and I've got my DefaultType setup as
"application/octet-stream".

I was just wondering if there was a way to list bad MIME-TYPE(s) instead
of bad extensions? (I couldn't find any reference to this in the Docs or
archives in the few hours I've been looking... I could've been looking
in the wrong spot, though) This way, I could simply list
"application/octet-stream" as a bad type and then carry on with the
dig. I'm going crazy. Each time I add a new "bad extenstion", I think
I've got it licked and then I get another one!

I am running version 3.1.3 of htdig.

Please advise, kind souls.

BTW - I've thought about using the "valid extensions" config option, but
I just read (from the archives) about the problems some folks have had
with the "?" query strings and the "/directory" links, and I didn't
understand how/where to apply the patch that was given.

Thanks,

Bob

--

Saint Joseph's College -- bobd@saintjoe.edu | http://www.saintjoe.edu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Administrative Computing Center, Bob Dusek... 219-866-6371

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." -- Galileo Galilei