Re: [htdig] CONFIG file in 3.2.0b?

Subject: Re: [htdig] CONFIG file in 3.2.0b?
From: Brian Lavender (
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 15:05:36 PST

Ok, I see. I was taking a look at 3.1.4 and I noticed that configure
does have options where you can see certain installation directories,
but not all of them. If I understand correctly, you have to edit some
of these configurations by editing the CONFIG file. Then you do your

In 3.2.0b1 you can specify all your options with
./configure --prefix=/usr \
--exec-prefix=/usr/bin \

Is there a way you can save this configuration so if you go to build it again,
you can just use a text file that you saved away earlier? I imagine this
is an autoconf question, but is there a way?

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 03:36:27PM -0500, Geoff Hutchison wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Brian Lavender wrote:
> > I notice in the install documentation that there is mention
> > of a CONFIG file that you can edit to change the installation
> > parameters. There does not seem to be this file in the distribution.
> The instal.html file wasn't updated for 3.2.0b1. :-( If you'd like a more
> recent install.html file for 3.2.0bX, you should see a recent snapshot.
> > Does everything have to be done through configure and its options?
> Well, yes. But this is true for many other programs (e.g. apache, gcc, GNU
> utilities).
> > I took a look at 3.1.2 and it appears that it does have the CONFIG
> > file. Can someone explain this?
> We removed the CONFIG file in the process of 3.2 development. I think it's
> actually mcuh easier to build now--you don't have to edit a file after
> you've run configure.
> -Geoff Hutchison
> Williams Students Online

Brian Lavender