Re: [htdig] CONFIG file in 3.2.0b?

Subject: Re: [htdig] CONFIG file in 3.2.0b?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 12:36:27 PST

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Brian Lavender wrote:

> I notice in the install documentation that there is mention
> of a CONFIG file that you can edit to change the installation
> parameters. There does not seem to be this file in the distribution.

The instal.html file wasn't updated for 3.2.0b1. :-( If you'd like a more
recent install.html file for 3.2.0bX, you should see a recent snapshot.

> Does everything have to be done through configure and its options?

Well, yes. But this is true for many other programs (e.g. apache, gcc, GNU
utilities).

> I took a look at 3.1.2 and it appears that it does have the CONFIG
> file. Can someone explain this?

We removed the CONFIG file in the process of 3.2 development. I think it's
actually mcuh easier to build now--you don't have to edit a file after
you've run configure.