[htdig] Possible Tip for Those who "Can't Find Word XXX".

Subject: [htdig] Possible Tip for Those who "Can't Find Word XXX".
From: Albert DeSimone Jr. (bdesimon@arches.uga.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 08:07:38 PST

Hi ...

Might be old news, but I just re-learned an old lesson. I often see folks
reporting on this list they can't find a certain word they *know* should
be in the search database.

It has been a long time since I thought of this, but disk-related problems
(including disk space can cause this).

I know, no big news.

Anyway, I had a space warning during rundig (most likely during sorting),
which I dismissed when all normalized after the sort. The db files seemed
okay, so I went ahead and moved the .work files into place.

Went to search today on a word that started with the letter "U" -- no hits
when it *absolutely* should be there. Same with "V". But not with "T".

Soooooo, next time a word isn't found, might be good to check words
starting with certain letters.

-bd