Re: [htdig] Restrict URL question

Subject: Re: [htdig] Restrict URL question
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 09:54:06 PST

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Chad Phillips wrote:

> I am trying to add some restrict options on my search page.
> Everything works, except the restrict that uses a wildcard. When I do
> a search on the restrict using the wild card, I never get any hits.
[snip]
> <option value="http://www.aafp.org/afp/*/tips/">www.aafp.org AAFP tips from other journals << restrict with a probelm

I'm afraid this won't work in 3.1. The simple pattern matching is just
that--it matches patterns. So it would restrict to URLs that matched that
(with the * in there).

You can use "|" characters to separate patterns that you want to
logically OR together, but I don't think this will help your particular
case.

The 3.2 code allows regex patterns, when escaped for backwards
compatibility.