Re: [htdig] Not indexing a word

Subject: Re: [htdig] Not indexing a word
From: Malcolm Austen (malcolm.austen@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 04:31:41 PST

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Geoff Hutchison wrote:

+ At 2:59 PM +0000 2/21/00, Julian Morrison wrote:
+ >I'm getting a "no results" response searching a site for "BG" which is
+ >very common there; does anyone know how to add a word to those
+ >considered worth indexing? Thanks.
+
+ I'm afraid you can't say "index this word," though that's not a bad
+ idea (a "good words" list?)

OK, let's ask for the sky ... how about (at some far distant point) a
"good phrases" list please?

The context of this request is that I don't want to index all instances of
"it" but I would like to index "IT" in the context of "IT Committee" 8-)

regards,
        Malcolm.

 Malcolm.Austen@OUCS.ox.ac.uk http://users.ox.ac.uk/~malcolm/