[htdig] ht://Dig 3.2.0b1 and 3.2.0b2-022000 Extremely Slooooow

Subject: [htdig] ht://Dig 3.2.0b1 and 3.2.0b2-022000 Extremely Slooooow
From: J Kinsley (jkinsley@horus.bticc.net)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 23:03:50 PST

I have an archive of approximately 50,000 files totaling 1.4GB of
disk space. Last night I installed the 3.2.0b1 using RPM which
failed to remove an older non-rpm installation from a year or so ago.
Not knowing this, I ran htdig/htmerge manually from the command line
using a custom configuration file and the old binaries. When the new
htsearch failed, I realized the mistake and removed the old
installation.

When I ran the 3.2 htdig to rebuild the database, I noticed that it
was extremely slow in comparison to the old version which I used last
night. I decided to download and install 3.2.0b2-022000 and see if
there was an improvement with no luck. I started htdig using that
version approximately 2 hours ago and it has only indexed 3300 files
where the old version was finished indexing all 50,000 and ready for
htmerge after 2 hours.

Regards,
J. Kinsley