Re: [htdig] problems compiling under Solaris 2.6

Subject: Re: [htdig] problems compiling under Solaris 2.6
From: Patrick Robinson (pgr@ramandu.ext.vt.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 13:07:42 PST

Geoff wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Patrick Robinson wrote:
>
> > Undefined first referenced
> > symbol in file
> > __rtti_user Endings.o
> > terminate__Fv Endings.o
> > __rtti_si Endings.o
> > __rtti_class /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a(fstream.o)
> > ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to htfuzzy
>
> I'm not entirely sure why you're getting this error, but you need to
> supply -fno-rtti (and probably -fno-exceptions) to the compiler.

OK, I added those to CXXFLAGS (in Makefile.config) and rebuilt. This
time, it complained about the same four undefined symbols, but this time,
they're missing from /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a.

So I decided to rebuild libstdc++ with these 2 flags, but it wouldn't
build. I then tried building it, adding just -fno-rtti. This time,
it compiled, so I installed it.

Then I tried building htdig, again. This time, it failed (still while
trying to make "htfuzzy"), but only because it's missing the symbol
"terminate__Fv" from /usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a(fstream.o).

Do you have any suggestions as to what I might try next?

Thanks,

---
Patrick Robinson
CALS & 229 Distance Education, Virginia Tech
pgr@ramandu.ext.vt.edu