Re: [htdig] Not indexing a word

Subject: Re: [htdig] Not indexing a word
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 18:17:46 PST

At 2:59 PM +0000 2/21/00, Julian Morrison wrote:
>I'm getting a "no results" response searching a site for "BG" which is
>very common there; does anyone know how to add a word to those
>considered worth indexing? Thanks.

I'm afraid you can't say "index this word," though that's not a bad
idea (a "good words" list?) It's not indexing it because it's shorter
than the default minimum_word_length. So if you want to index it,
you'll need to set that to 2 and add a whole bunch of two-letter
words to your bad_words file so you don't index things like "an,"
"so," "of," etc.