Re: [htdig] Problems setting up a Cron daemon

Subject: Re: [htdig] Problems setting up a Cron daemon
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 18:16:02 PST

At 3:30 PM -0600 2/21/00, ATLE VEKA wrote:
>Even though htdig works, should I still run htmerge? because the
>search engine works just fine. Could that be the problem I'm getting
>because of not running htmerge (or does rundig do this?)?

The rundig script calls htdig, then htmerge and then (if necessary)
htfuzzy synonyms and htfuzzy endings. The last two steps are usually
only needed once. So if you're using rundig as your cron job, it's
calling what it needs.

(If you want the script I use myself as a cron job, see
<http://www.htdig.org/files/contrib/scripts/rundig.sh>

It would be very helpful if you could give us a listing (with
permissions) of your database directory.

And I'm very curious as to your statement that the search engine
works fine, when the error message you reported said that db.words.db
did not exist. This file is absolutely necessary to perform searches!