[htdig] Problems setting up a Cron daemon

Subject: [htdig] Problems setting up a Cron daemon
From: ATLE VEKA (ACVEKA@coe.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 07:42:12 PST

Hi, I'm having problems getting my cron daemon to automate the update of the htdig database. Simply running the 'rundig' at the console works fine, but when I tried putting it as a cron job with the same command I got the following message from the cron daemon:

DB2 problem...: /opt/www/htdig/db/db.words.db: No such file or directory
htmerge: Unable to create/open the word database '/opt/www/htdig/db/db.words.db'

Any suggestions? Also, I am a little confused as whether to use 'rundig' or just 'htdig'. Is rundig necessary if you don't need to run 'htfuzzy' and 'htmerge' ?
btw: running RedHat 6.1 on a 486.

Thanks,
Atle Lee Veka
Coe College Computer Services