[htdig] compilation PB with const on HPUX 10.2 and htdig 3.1.4

Subject: [htdig] compilation PB with const on HPUX 10.2 and htdig 3.1.4
From: Thierry Herve (thierry.herve@telspace.alcatel.fr)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 01:44:12 PST

Hi,

I'm newer with htdig. I know that exist binaries for HPUX. And they work
correctly. But I need to run htdif with special configuration (different
to /opt/ww/... installation path for example). So, I try to compile
htdig on my station. But I encountred the following problem :

"configure" script give me the following log :

checking for working const... no

and make give me the following error :

 CC -c -DDEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE=\"/opt/www/htdig/conf/htdig.conf\"
-I../htlib -I../htcommon -I../db/dist -I../include -g Configuration.cc
CC: "/opt/CC/include/CC/iostream.h", line 117: error: two definitions of
ios::operator void *() (1034)
CC: "/opt/CC/include/CC/iostream.h", line 117: error: ios::operator void
*() cannot be redeclared in class declaration (1168)
*** Error exit code 1

This error is producced because C or C++ keyword const is re-defined as
"" (#define const).

Is there some body knows how to force const ckecking to yes, and then,
erase const re-definition?
Or, is there some one who knows why const usage is not checking by
configure script while I always use const keyword all in my develpments?

What is 'ac_cv_c_const' variable used in configure script? Where must be
initialize and by which script?
Where can I find explainations about comfigure script? (How it works and
so on)

P.S. : I use C front C++ HP compiler (not acc or gcc)

Thank's for all

P.S. : I add here entire output of configure :

% ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
configuring ht://Dig version 3.1.4
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for CC... CC
checking whether the C++ compiler (CC ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (CC ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... no
checking whether CC accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar
checking for sh... /bin/sh
checking for sed... /usr/bin/sed
checking for sort... /usr/bin/sort
checking for find... /usr/bin/find
checking for gunzip... /agl/tools/bin/gunzip
checking for tar... tar
checking for acroread... /soft_hp/ACROBAT/bin/acroread
checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for AIX... no
checking for socket in -lsocket... no
checking for t_accept in -lnsl... no
checking for deflate in -lz... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... CC -E
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for sys/file.h... yes
checking for sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for getopt.h... no
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for zlib.h... no
checking for alloca.h... yes
checking for sys/select.h... no
checking for fstream.h... yes
checking for working const... no
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for strstr... yes
checking for localtime_r... yes
checking for timegm... no
checking whether we need gethostname() prototype?... no
checking how to call getpeername?... configure: warning: can't determine
argument type using int
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating CONFIG
creating Makefile
creating Makefile.config
creating htcommon/Makefile
creating htlib/Makefile
creating htdig/Makefile
creating htmerge/Makefile
creating htnotify/Makefile
creating htfuzzy/Makefile
creating htsearch/Makefile
creating makedp
creating include/htconfig.h
configuring in db/dist
running /bin/sh ./configure --cache-file=../.././config.cache
--srcdir=.
checking if building in the top-level directory... checking for a BSD
compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking host system type... hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20
checking if --enable-debug option specified... no
checking for cc... (cached) cc
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking for gcc... (cached) cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) no
checking if --enable-diagnostic option specified... no
checking if --enable-cxx option specified... no
checking if --enable-compat185 option specified... no
checking if --enable-dump185 option specified... no
checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar
checking for chmod... /usr/bin/chmod
checking for cp... /usr/bin/cp
checking for mkdir... /usr/bin/mkdir
checking for ranlib... /usr/bin/ranlib
checking for rm... /usr/bin/rm
checking for sh... /usr/bin/sh
checking for strip... /usr/bin/strip
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) cc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for ssize_t... yes
checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
checking for working const... (cached) no
checking for st_blksize in struct stat... yes
checking whether stat file-mode macros are broken... no
checking for mode_t... yes
checking for off_t... yes
checking for pid_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for opendir in -ldir... no
checking for sys/select.h... (cached) no
checking for sys/time.h... (cached) yes
checking for getcwd... yes
checking for getopt... yes
checking for memcmp... yes
checking for memcpy... yes
checking for memmove... yes
checking for raise... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for strerror... (cached) yes
checking for strsep... no
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for getuid... yes
checking for pread... no
checking for pstat_getdynamic... yes
checking for sysconf... yes
configure: warning: shmget(2) interface ignored on HP/UX.
checking for mmap... yes
checking for munmap... yes
checking for qsort... yes
checking for select... yes
checking for sigfillset... yes
checking for int type sprintf return value... yes
checking if --disable-bigfile option specified... no
checking for spinlocks... msem-hppa/func
checking for u_char... yes
checking for u_short... yes
checking for u_int... yes
checking for u_long... yes
checking for u_int8_t... unsigned char
checking for u_int16_t... unsigned short
checking for int16_t... yes
checking for u_int32_t... unsigned int
checking for int32_t... yes
checking if --enable-test option specified... no
updating cache ../.././config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating include.tcl