Re: [htdig] indexing links from java param tags

Subject: Re: [htdig] indexing links from java param tags
From: Rzepa, Henry (h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2000 - 04:24:21 PST

>Here is something I just noticed and couldn't find an answer to. If links
>to other pages are included in the paramater tags of a java applet, they
>don't seem to get index by htdig when using the local_urls directive (I
>haven't tried going through http to index the site). Has anyone else run
>into this and if so, is there a simple workaround or am I stuck with those
>pages just not getting index and needing to put text links somewhere in
>addition to the java links.
>Jerry

This is not a direct answer , but htdig 3.2 (which we have running
on SGI by the way) implements a much better HTML parser
(still a way to go before it can fully handle HTML 4.01/XHTML 1.0
by the way).

It certainly handles content quoted in the parameter declarations of
a Java applet, but we have not tested to see if it follows an actual
URL. I might also add that htdig 3.2 also handles the
<object> tag, including a full recursion into the nested version
of <object>.

--

Henry Rzepa. +44 (0)20 7594 5774 (Office) +44 (0)20 7594 5804 (Fax) Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, London, SW7 2AY, UK. http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa/