[htdig] Help, Unable to read word database file '/usr/lib/htdig/db/db.words.db'

Subject: [htdig] Help, Unable to read word database file '/usr/lib/htdig/db/db.words.db'
From: Fates (fateswarning@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 13:05:43 PST

Ok, I installed the htdig-3.1.4-0glibc21.i386.rpm on a RedHat 6.1
system.
I copied /var/lib/htdig to /usr/lib/htdig since I don't have enough
space for the db under /var.

1.
I made the following changes to /etc/htdig/htdig.conf

database_dir: /usr/lib/htdig/db
start_url: http://24.4.5.3/ (Note: I have two nics,
one for Intranet with IP 192.168.0.1 and one for Internet with 24.4.5.3

At bottom of file is this:
start_url: http://pegasus.oasis.net/
local_urls: http://pegasus.oasis.net/=/home/httpd/html/
#local_user_urls: http://pegasus.oasis.net/=/home/,/public_html/

The domain thats in here is one I made up for my 192.168.0.1(Intranet
address) which is in my hosts file as 192.168.0.1 pegasus.oasis.net
Should I change this to my Internet name?

2. Next, I changed /usr/sbin/rundig
Made the following changes:
DBDIR=/usr/lib/htdig/db
COMMONDIR=/usr/lib/htdig/common

I wonder if I could have just created a symbolic link in /var/lib/htdig
to /usr/lib/htdig

3. I renamed my .htaccess file to htaccess since htdig will not process
directories that are password protected.

4. I remove all symbolic links I have within the html directory. The
reason for this is because I have symbolic links to /usr/doc and a few
other areas that would make the db to large.

5. I start the apache server since I get an error if its not running
when I try and run /usr/sbin/rundig

6. I check the size of my html directory which is 50 meg

7. I run /usr/sbin/rundig

8. I have to go to work and rundig is still going after about 30
minutes. I have to shutdown the apache server so no one else can get
into it since its not password protected. I shut it down and check to
see if rundig is still running, it is.

9. I come home from work, rundig is done

10. I access search.html from the root directory and type in test and
get the following error:

 ht://Dig error

htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this
site. The error message is:

Unable to read word database file '/usr/lib/htdig/db/db.words.db'
Did you run htmerge?

11. I figure its a permission problem so I chmod 644
/usr/lib/htdig/db/*
I try and run another search and I get same error. I figure maybe it has
to run as my server user which is nobody so I change the owner and group
to nobody. Still same problem.

12. I run htsearch from the command line in my cgi directory.
htsearch -vvv
I get prompt and type in test
I get results (works)

Is it a permissions problem?