Re: [htdig] Configuring the path for icons used by htsearch

Subject: Re: [htdig] Configuring the path for icons used by htsearch
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 09:33:44 PST

According to ATLE VEKA:
> I see your result document looks for the images in /htdig/, so my question is did you set up an alias in your server configuration? I run Apache and set 'Alias /htdig/ /opt/www/htdocs/' in the config.
> I don't know if this is the best solution but it works for me.

> Hi,
>
> With help from this list I've managed to get htdig running (currently testing at
> www.european-archaeology.org/search.html), so thank you! The one thing which
> isn't yet working is getting long.html and short.html to use the correct path to
> the icons directory. Can anyone tell me where I should set this path?
>
> Martijn van Leusen

You can either set up an Apache Alias, as above, or your can configure
in a different image_url_prefix in your htdig.conf, and change any
references to /htdig/ in search.html and common/*.html to point to the
prefix you want. Unfortunately, the compiled in default value isn't
settable as a ./configure option in 3.1.x, so you either have to edit
the CONFIG file before you make and "make install", or you have to
edit things after the fact. If you have access to the server configs,
setting up the alias is easier, but this isn't an option for everyone.