Re: [htdig] Virtual Host Problems

Subject: Re: [htdig] Virtual Host Problems
From: Jason Carvalho (
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 01:00:24 PST

Bruce Potter wrote:

> I'm having a problem getting htdig to index all the sites correctly. I've
> found very little documentation on how to handle virtuals, both from the
> config angle as well as cgi implementation area.
> In my config file, I have
> allow_virtual_hosts: true
> start_url:
> limit_urls_to: ${start_url}

you need to do :
limit_urls_to: ${start_url}

You also need to make sure there are sufficient links from to all the other domains, if not you will need to use
multiple start_urls.

Then to search only one domain, just do
<input type=whatever name="restrict" value="">

I have recently installed HtDig 3.1.4 and now have it successfully
running on 8 virtual domains with this configuration.

Jason Carvalho
Web Analyst
Cranfield University
Tel:   01234 750111  x2159