Re: [htdig] Unable to read configuration file '/usr/local/htdig/con f/htdig.conf'

Subject: Re: [htdig] Unable to read configuration file '/usr/local/htdig/con f/htdig.conf'
From: David Robley (huntsman@www.nisu.flinders.edu.au)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 19:17:46 PST

On 15 Feb, Fates wrote:
> htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this
> site. The error message is:
>
> Unable to read configuration file '/usr/local/htdig/conf/htdig.conf'
>
> What should the permissions be. I run the server using user nobody. Do
> I need to configure the server to access files outside the html/cgi
> directory? Would it be better to install the files under my html
> directory or cgi directory?

My htdig, running under apache, is configured in that same directory and
has permissions of 644. As long as 'nobody' can read the file, you
should be OK.

Cheers

--
David Robley                        | WEBMASTER & Mail List Admin
RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES  | http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/