[htdig] Unable to read configuration file '/usr/local/htdig/conf/htdig.conf'

Subject: [htdig] Unable to read configuration file '/usr/local/htdig/conf/htdig.conf'
From: Fates (fateswarning@home.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 18:59:27 PST

htsearch detected an error. Please report this to the webmaster of this
site. The error message is:

Unable to read configuration file '/usr/local/htdig/conf/htdig.conf'

What should the permissions be. I run the server using user nobody. Do
I need to configure the server to access files outside the html/cgi
directory? Would it be better to install the files under my html
directory or cgi directory?