Re: [htdig] my database is too big

Subject: Re: [htdig] my database is too big
From: Aaron Turner (aturner@linuxkb.org)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 13:12:56 PST

The problem is the 32bit arch. your computer is on. Ext2 supports >2GB
files on 64bit arch such as Alpha. I think there are other filesystems
for Linux such as RiserFS which don't have this limitation, but they're
not really production quality yet. I don't know about multiple databases,
but this is a common question- you might want to read the list archives on
www.htdig.org.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Chris wrote:

> I need a suggestion on how to handle this problem. My db.words.db file
> reached 2147368960 and started having write errors. I am assuming that
> this is due to the fact that it is on a ext2 filesystem. Is this a good
> assumption? How can I solve this problem? Should I go to a different
> FS? Can I keep multiple databases that are all searched as though they
> were one?
> Thanks,
> Chris

Aaron Turner, Core Developer       http://vodka.linuxkb.org/~aturner/
Linux Knowledge Base Organization  http://www.linuxkb.org/
Because world domination requires quality open documentation.
aka: aturner@vicinity.com, aturner@pobox.com, ion_beam_head@ashtech.net
The difference between `Unstable' and `Usable' is only two characters: NT