AW: [htdig] Adding ability to search databases

Subject: AW: [htdig] Adding ability to search databases
From: Stein, Thomas (AGLW) (Thomas.Stein@fao.org)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 06:53:19 PST

Geoff and others,
We are setting up an information system tracking specific resources pointed
out and presented by partner organisations on their servers. At the moment
we do have two bigger databases which should be included and therefore I am
very much interested in further information on how to access thoses
databases through a script and get the information indexed by htdig.
According to Geoff Hutchinson:
>The biggest question is whether you can come up with a URL to attach
>to the entries--if so, you can either do it now or add it fairly
>easily. For example, the 3.2 code adds the concept of an external
>transport handler--a script that will take a URL and spit back a
>document for htdig to index. So if you have a URL you want to see in
>the results pages, then you can have a script query your SQL tables.
Its not quite clear to me how this is to be set up but I would like to 'dig'
more into it. Is there any additional information available on how to set it
up. This would be of great value to us!
Thank your
Thomas Stein