Re: [htdig] Can't exclude URLs with ? with htdig?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Can't exclude URLs with ? with htdig?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 22:17:27 PST

At 12:08 AM -0600 2/9/00, Manuel Lemos wrote:
>I know I can exclude URLs like that in htsearch by setting the exclude
>query string argument, but I also noticed that if I have it set to
>"? /graphics/" the exclusing no longer works.

No, the format for the settings are different. This query string is
telling htsearch to exclude URLs with "? /graphics/" literal--this
will never happen since at the very least the spaces would be encoded.

You should use "?|/graphics/" instead, which will exclude ? or
/graphics/, whichever matches.

>exclude_urls: ?

This should exclude any URL containing the ? character.