Re: [htdig] Still no luck with indexing PDF's

Subject: Re: [htdig] Still no luck with indexing PDF's
From: Anthony Peacock (a.peacock@chime.ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 02:52:17 PST

> On Mon Feb 7 11:42:50 2000 Anthony Peacock wrote...
> >
> >I don't use conv_doc.pl, I use parse_doc.pl.
> >
> >I have sent you the relevant lines from my configuration file.
> >

> Well, I thought 3.1.4 would fix this, but unfortunately not. Lets
> review where we are. 3.1.4now understands my converter sytax and calls
> conv_doc.pl, so far so good.
>
> However now I get the "No current pint in closepath" error again.
> Recall runing parse_doc.pl by hnad gave me this. Runing conv_doc.pl by
> hand did not. Interestingly, greping for this error message in both of
> these perls scripts turned up nothing.
>
> Does nayone have any idea where this message might be coming from?

As has been stated on a number of occasions this message is coming from
pdftotext. The xdpf programs do not like your .pdf files for some reason, this
has nothing to do with htdig or the perl scripts.

> Perhaps it is the PDF's I have could I send you one to try on your
> system? Taht would help to narrow this down.
>
> Thanks for all the patient help on this.
>
> BTW, does the list server not copy me when I reply to your messages? I
> see my original, and your replies, but I don't see my replies to your
> replies.

You are probably only replying to me. Check the To: header line and make
sure that it reads htdig@htdig.org.

---
Fare Thee Well
Anthony Peacock
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that
nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." --Larry Wall