Re: [htdig] Still no luck with indexing PDF's

Subject: Re: [htdig] Still no luck with indexing PDF's
From: Anthony Peacock (
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 08:42:50 PST

> On Mon Feb 7 10:07:32 2000 Anthony Peacock wrote...
> >

> >Can you try converting a single PDF file by running either Acroread or
> >pdf2text from the command line. And send the results to the list.
> pdftotext is the source of the "No current point in closepath" errors.
> Does this help?

Even when you run it from the command line?

In this case I think you have some broken pdf files. I had this problem on my
site a few months ago. The pdf files had been created with some bad
constructs in them. When I got the user to recreate them, the errors went

> Runig by hand on a specific file does seem to get a usable
> looking result.
> Might this be the way to go?
> Any ideas on why acroread is still called instead of it, when I put,
> what I beleive to be the correct thing in htdig.conf?
> external_parsers: apliaction/pdf->text.html /usr/local/bin/

I don't use, I use

I have sent you the relevant lines from my configuration file.

Fare Thee Well
Anthony Peacock
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that
nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." --Larry Wall