Re: [htdig] unfortunate coding choice?

Subject: Re: [htdig] unfortunate coding choice?
From: Bernard T. Higonnet (higonnet@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 22:05:56 PST

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> At 11:31 PM -0500 2/6/00, Bernard T. Higonnet wrote:
> >It seems to me that when the number of hits is greater than
> >matches_per_page the html for the links to successive pages up to 10 is
> >output as a single line.
>
> To be perfectly accurate, I'm assuming you mean the PAGELIST variable
> is being output as one line of text/HTML code. Correct?

Yes. Also I should have said when ((# of hits)/matches_per_page) > 10

> If this is your problem, see:
> <http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#page_number_separator>

Thnx.

> As to the php3 line limit, I can't answer the question--if there is a
> line limit, you're dead. But I can't imagine why they'd bother having
> one.

Well, these things do happen sometimes... In my case I wanted to execute
str_replace which would have involved 10 replacements in one shot, which
might give it indigestion

--
Bernard T. Higonnet
4 Payson Terrace

Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty -- a beauty cold and austere, like that of a sculpture. Bertrand Russell (1872 -1970), Mysticism and Logic (1918)