Re: [htdig] unfortunate coding choice?

Subject: Re: [htdig] unfortunate coding choice?
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 20:31:29 PST

At 11:31 PM -0500 2/6/00, Bernard T. Higonnet wrote:
>It seems to me that when the number of hits is greater than
>matches_per_page the html for the links to successive pages up to 10 is
>output as a single line.

To be perfectly accurate, I'm assuming you mean the PAGELIST variable
is being output as one line of text/HTML code. Correct?

If this is your problem, see:

Now as to how to insert a return into this variable, I'm a bit
unsure, but this would certainly be what you'd want to use.

As to the php3 line limit, I can't answer the question--if there is a
line limit, you're dead. But I can't imagine why they'd bother having