Re: [htdig] Unable to open word list file password protected site

Subject: Re: [htdig] Unable to open word list file password protected site
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 20:23:18 PST

At 9:24 PM -0700 2/6/00, Fates wrote:
>My site is password protected which is why I think I am getting this
>error: What is the workaround? I get this error when running: rundig
>-vvv This should be in the FAQ.

It's not in the FAQ because it's explained in several places in the
documentation (e.g. <http://www.htdig.org/htdig.html> and
<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#authentication>) and it's not asked
that often.

Suffice to say with version 3.1.4, you can either use the -u flag or
specify it using the authentication attribute.

The error message you're getting is because nothing is indexed. No,
it's not a great error message.

Cheers,