Re: [htdig] htmerge error: warning:line too long:ignoring ....

Subject: Re: [htdig] htmerge error: warning:line too long:ignoring ....
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 16:47:28 PST

At 2:45 PM -0500 2/5/00, Sid MacLeod wrote:
>I have htDig installed on a BSDI3.0 box in a virtual env, and I'm having
>problem when running htmerge. My rundig script will dig anything I care to,
>but at one point when it runs htmerge, I get the following error(s):
>
>warning:line too long:ignoring home i:0 l:0 w:150000
> ^^^

This means that the BSDI sort program didn't like the db.wordlist
file. This isn't good because it means the word database *might* be
corrupted. (It could be OK, but there's no guarantee what sort spit
up.) My suggestion would be to get GNU sort, part of the textutils
package and rebuild the databases.

>These directories all clear htmerge fine individually, but as a group they
>send it for a loop. This site has a big common header and footer that
>produces a lot of the same text, could this be a cause?

Nah. It doesn't care if there's a lot of the same text--it just gets
broken up into words when it hits htmerge, so it doesn't matter what
it was before.