Re: [htdig] avoiding binary attachments when indexing email archive s

Subject: Re: [htdig] avoiding binary attachments when indexing email archive s
From: Brett Dikeman (brett@artelsoft.com)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 17:15:35 PST

Nope, I'm using Mailman, which uses Pipermail for archiving. The
attachments are never separated from the message, but thanks for the
help anyway...

Brett

At 10:16 AM +1030 2/3/00, David Robley wrote:
>On 2 Feb, Brett Dikeman wrote:
> > what's the best way to avoid attachments in archived email?
> > Otherwise, fuzzy searches end up including random "words" made up of
> > many random characters, drawn from what htdig considered "text"; I
> > can find it in emails people sent that included binary attachments.
>
>If you are using Mhonarc; it seems it saves binary attachments as files
>named binnnnnn.bin and Word docs as docnnnnn.doc (where n is an
>integer). You could then exclude such files from the search.
>
>Cheers
>--
>David Robley | WEBMASTER & Mail List Admin
>RESEARCH CENTRE FOR INJURY STUDIES | http://www.nisu.flinders.edu.au/
>AusEinet | http://auseinet.flinders.edu.au/
> Flinders University, ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA

>You will receive a message to confirm this.

----
Brett Dikeman				Network/System Admin
Artel Software				617-451-9900
381 Congress Street				617-451-9916(fax)
Boston, MA 02210				http://www.borisfx.com