Re: [htdig] indexing mhonarc archives

Subject: Re: [htdig] indexing mhonarc archives
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 16:11:14 PST

At 12:14 AM +0100 1/29/00, Markus Mohr wrote:
>here is, that this is heavily interlinked. There is a thread index and a
>And the messages themselves link back to the indexes...
>
>I would have to set max_hops to around 500 to reach every document, but
>then I would also descend 500 levels on every page.

I realize you sent a follow up to this, but I never quite understood
the question. We have a ton of mhonarc archives too, and htdig.org
has a bunch of hypermail archives. But the main index (not to mention
the date and thread indexes) have essentially a link for every page.
So I don't see why you'd need max_hops to be 500--one hop from the
main index would get everything.

Or am I missing something here?