Re: [htdig] db.docs documentation?

Subject: Re: [htdig] db.docs documentation?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 09:26:32 PST

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Guan Yang wrote:

> I can't seem to find any documentation on db.docs and db.docs.index.

I wouldn't recommend messing with db.docs.index. Basically, it's just a
list of DocID->URL pairs.

db.docs doesn't really have documentation, but it's right there in
htcommon/DocumentDB.cc.

\t stands for the tab character:
DocID\t u:DocURL\t t:DocTitle\t a:DocState\t m:ModifiedTime\t s:DocSize\t
h:Excerpt\t h:MetaDescription\t l:AccessedTime\t ... [other fields I won't
get into]\n

In short, if you just want the titles and excerpts, grab the 3rd and 7th
fields separated by tabs.