Re: [htdig] problem with php links

Subject: Re: [htdig] problem with php links
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 13:59:42 PST

According to fx:
> I want that htdig indexes my news'page
> unfortunately it only indexes url like "http://www.toto.com/news.php3"
> and never url like "http://www.toto.com/news.php3?id=2"
> is there any way to tell to htdig to through that kind of url
>
> second problem : htdig don't take links like that : <a href="/activites">
> (no problem if I write <a href="/activites/index.php3" > )

htdig shouldn't have any problems with these URLs unless you actually
configure it to exclude them. Version 3.1.0b2 (about 14 month ago) had
problems with URLs containing "?", but other versions should allow them.

Directory URLs like <a href="/activites"> should get passed back
to the HTTP server (unless you're using local_urls_only in 3.1.4,
which you shouldn't be if you want to index dynamic content like
PHP). The HTTP server will just redirect http://server/activites to
http://server/activites/ (i.e. it will add a trailing slash) to get
a proper directory URL. If your HTTP server is configured to allow
index.php3 as a directory index, then the redirect should lead htdig
right to the document you want.

If you can't get it to work, and you've ruled out any server configuration
problems, try "htdig -i -vvv" and look through the output to see why the
URLs are being rejected.