Re: [htdig] No db.docs.index file

Subject: Re: [htdig] No db.docs.index file
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 13:42:30 PST

According to Ryan Williams:
> OK, this is strange. I'm running two independent servers both with their
> own htdig engines. Both servers are identical in setup (running Apache 1.3
> on Linux). With one, everything works great. With the other I get this
> error:
>
> ---------
> Unable to read document index file '/web/u1/www12345/htdig/db/db.docs.index'
> Did you run htmerge?
> ---------
>
> Everytime I run config on the problem server, this file is still not
> created. I've compared everything between the two servers and the only
> thing different is the domian name. Anybody know what could cause this?

Well, what do you have in the /web/u1/www12345/htdig/db/ directory, on
the system that's giving the error? Did you run "rundig", or htdig and
then htmerge, on this system? The db.docs.index file maps is what maps
document IDs to URLs, so it's pretty critical. If you don't have one, I'd
guess either htdig didn't run, or it didn't successfully index anything.
You may want to try htdig -vvv to see what's happening.