Re: [htdig] no http

Subject: Re: [htdig] no http
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 09:37:50 PST

According to Search Engine:
> I compiled + make'd it out-of-the-box and everything seems okay until I
> try to follow any of the links:
> [] * * * *
> (None of the search words were found in the top of this
> document.)
> , 0 bytes
> [files0100] *
> (None of the search words were found in the top of this
> document.)
> , 0 bytes
> As you can see I can't follow any of these links. When I try, it seems to
> try this path:
> /cgi-bin/

Both this and your earlier posting seem to indicate problems with the
decoding of encoded URL parts in the database. If you're defining either
of common_url_parts or url_part_aliases in the config file used for htdig
and htmerge, be sure you use the same settings in the config file for
htsearch (or at the very least, a compatible setting of url_part_aliases
for htsearch if you do want some parts of URLs to be re-written).

If you're not setting either of those two attributes in any of your
config files, then it may be a corrupt database, in which case you should
reindex from scratch, or it may be a bug on your system. If reindexing
from scratch doesn't help, please provide your config file contents
(you may strip out comments for compactness), and provide details of
your system (CPU-type, OS, OS version, htdig version).

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: