Re: [htdig] htdig installation on AIX

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig installation on AIX
From: Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 08:45:41 PST

wenlong wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We tried to install htdig in AIX. We have xlc and xlC compilers to
> compile C and C++ source files. Unfortunately, the installation failed
> and we got the following error message when we run "./configure":

The standard names for the C compiler driver is usually cc on a **ix
system.
For the C++ compiler driver, the name c++ is most common.

You should therefore provide a symbolic link to you xlc/xlC compilers.
Since configure detected such a symbolic link (cc) for your C compiler,
you will need only to setup a link for your C++ compiler.
% cd /usr/local/bin
% ln -s `which xlC` ./c++

hth,

  Torsten