[htdig] htdig installation on AIX

Subject: [htdig] htdig installation on AIX
From: wenlong (wenlong@maine.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 11:17:09 PST

Hello all,

We tried to install htdig in AIX. We have xlc and xlC compilers to
compile C and C++ source files. Unfortunately, the installation failed
and we got the following error message when we run "./configure":
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
configuring ht://Dig version 3.1.4
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl... no
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create executables.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Wenlong
Research Assistant