Re: [htdig] Partial merge?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Partial merge?
From: J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 01:24:51 PST

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Brian A. Marks wrote:

> - When I run htmerge, I get lots of "Group disk quota exceeded too long"
> errors when htmerge is running through all the words it finds in the index
> file, but some words don't produce an error - I can get a long string of
> "Group disk quota exceeded too long" messages followed by a few success
> messages and then more error messages
> - I don't seem to be having an actual quota problem on my account

Hmmm, I definitely should say you have, but I'm not a sysop.

> - Searches for some known-present words show lots of results, but for other
> known-present words turn up nothing

This is a known problem (at least I know of it), but it's not
htdig/htmerge's fault. It cannot write anymore on disk
(actualy, DB cannot write anymore; did you see any "DB2 problem: ..."
messages?).

Htmerge continues, but no more words (strings, whatever) are written to
the database. When you search for those words that were left out,
you will not find them (of course).

I had this problem when I ran out of disk space over night :)

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Sector Techniek Netherlands
Afdeling Elektrotechniek +31 70 4458936

Linux - because reboots are for hardware changes