Re: [htdig] Error compiling

Subject: Re: [htdig] Error compiling
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 10:11:12 PST

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu wrote:

> Red Hat 5.2. A few months ago I was able to compile one of the
> development snapshots, but htsearch seems quite slow, and I get several
> unaligned access error messages in the syslog. (I wish I could be more

The development snapshots are very different from the 3.1.x releases and
they are still a bit volatile. Since they're made at a specific point in
time, there's no guarantee that they'll even compile. It says as much in
the README.snapshots.

We will shortly be releasing 3.2.0b1 and then we obviously care a great
deal if there are compilation problems or unaligned accesses.