Re: [htdig] report by mod date, not keywords?

Subject: Re: [htdig] report by mod date, not keywords?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 08:28:50 PST

At 11:02 AM +0000 1/26/00, darrellb wrote:
>we're using htdig and love it...however we've discovered a need for a
>'whats new' search as well as a keyaord search, and it strikes me that
>given htdig has information about modification dates, it would be
>'relatively easy' to hack it so you could have a webpage with tags
>specifying a date window for results to be returned (and no keyword
>field at all)...so you could have, say an 'everything posted to the
>archive in the last week' page as a useful addition to a mail
>archive...(for example)

There are a variety of Perl scripts in the contrib/ directory. As the
README notes, they are not directly maintained and so they are often
broken (as is the case currently). The biggest problem at the moment
is the scripts do not understand the url_part_aliases or
common_url_parts attributes. I believe several people are working on
this, but I don't think a contribution in this direction would be
turned down.