Re: [htdig] french accents

Subject: Re: [htdig] french accents
From: Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 06:59:13 PST

Eric Litot wrote:

> Thanks for this accurate response.
>
> So since I'm not very fond of the configuration aspects of the server on
> which I want to set-up the htdig package, what would be the best way where I
> could investigate ? The trouble is that at the moment, I can't answer to my
> users about the availability of the search engine.

Have a look at the locale database directory itself (usually this is
"/usr/lib/locale" or "/usr/share/locale") and check the definitions
for the locale setting of your choice.

If the definitions are missing, try to create them with the localedef(8)
program. Else, there might be an error in the locale support of your C
library (you might need to write a little test program to check that
out).

hth,

  Torsten