Re: [htdig] Word parsers

Subject: Re: [htdig] Word parsers
From: J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 06:44:25 PST

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000 D.J.Adams@soton.ac.uk wrote:

> The two are Catdoc from http://www.fe.msk.ru/~vitus/catdoc/,
> and Wp2html from http://www.res.bbsrc.ac.uk/wp2html/.

Catdoc has been the converter of choice for a while now.
There is a external parser script (conv_doc.pl; see the
contrib directory) that fires off catdoc when conv_doc.pl
hits a Word document

wp2html is a nice choice for the WP people. Didn't know that
there was one available.

> Wp2html is sold as a utility for converting WordPerfect documents to
> HTML, and works with everything from version 5.1 to 8.0 that I have
> tried. It is very configurable and I was able to get it to output plain
> text without too much trouble. If you want to convert Word97 files into
> HTML then it is the clear choice. It continues in development and we
> may hope that later versions will cope with other Word formats.
>

> Is somebody able to try these products with Word2000 ?

Word 2000 file format is the same as Word 97 file format, isn't it?

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Sector Techniek Netherlands
Afdeling Elektrotechniek +31 70 4458936

Linux - because reboots are for hardware changes