Re: [htdig] Error compiling

Subject: Re: [htdig] Error compiling
From: tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 20:11:14 PST

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> According to Ken Kyler:
> > I get an error in Configuration.cc about an unterminated string or
> > character.
> >
> > I'm running RedHat 6.1.
>
> Sounds to me like the source was modified or corrupted somehow. What
> version are you trying? I've compiled 3.1.3 successfully on 4.2, 5.0,
> 6.0 & 6.1, and 3.1.4 (the latest release) on all of these except 6.1,
> which I haven't tried yet (but the changes are minor between 3.1.4 and
> 3.1.3, so I can't imagine why it wouldn't work).
>
> I'd suggest starting from scratch from a clean source distribution, or
> using the "glibc21" RPMs from http://www.htdig.org/files/binaries/

Is anyone using htdig on an Alpha running Linux?

In the past I wasn't able to compile 3.1.2 on my Alphastation 200 running
Red Hat 5.2. A few months ago I was able to compile one of the
development snapshots, but htsearch seems quite slow, and I get several
unaligned access error messages in the syslog. (I wish I could be more
specific on things, but my Alpha's at home and I'm still at work...)

Just curious,
Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
LAN Technician     Consortium Library             (907) 786-6050 fax