Re: [htdig] Writting the -s output to file

Subject: Re: [htdig] Writting the -s output to file
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 19:23:45 PST

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Rob Zimmerman wrote:

> I tried to have rundig output to a file like this:
> ./rundig -s ../report -c ../conf/dental_search.conf but I got nothing.
> What is the correct way to get htdig to output info about the dig to a file?
> the ../report file existed and was chmod 777 and owned by root. I ran htdig
> as root as well.

This depends upon what info you want. For example, the rundig.sh file
at <http://www.htdig.org/files/contrib/scripts/rundig.sh> sends a report
with the time it took for htdig, htmerge, etc.

If you just want the normal output of rundig, redirect it as you would
with any shell command:

e.g.
./rundig -s [other flags] >../report