Re: [htdig] french accents

Subject: Re: [htdig] french accents
From: Jacek (jacek@oi.idl.krakow.pl)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 09:30:39 PST

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Eric Litot wrote:

> I set the locale to fr_FR.ISO8859-1 in the htdig.conf without effect
> (I even tried with fr_FR.ISO_8859-1 and fr_FR).
> Since the search process runs under the "nobody" owner, do I have to
> modify the environment variables before this program runs or this is
> already taken in account with the htdig.conf file ?
I had the same problem with Polish characters - I set locale to pl_PL
only to see, that it didn't take any effect.
Maybe it's the same case with you - I simply didn't run htdig again after
changing the locale. Htsearch cannot find matches with special charachters
unless they are indexed with correct locale!
Jacek Juda