[htdig] configure error in 3.1.4

Subject: [htdig] configure error in 3.1.4
From: Mehta, Rajen B. (UMC-Student) (rbm556@mizzou.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 17:52:56 PST

Hi,
I am havibg errors while configuring the htdig 3.1.4 engine.
the foll errors occur

creating cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
configuring ht://Dig version 3.1.4
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl... no
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot
create executables.

Do I require a C++(gcc) compiler or a cc is fine? I am running on SCO
Unixware 2.1.2.

Thanks a lot,
Rajen Mehta.
Computing Services