Re: [htdig] possible y2k bug?

Subject: Re: [htdig] possible y2k bug?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 23:38:15 PST

At 11:19 PM -0500 1/22/00, Dan Simoes wrote:
>- rundig takes forever (over 3 days) to dig and merge, and is taking
>up a ton of disk. Yes, the site archives
>have grown a lot and it makes sense that the databases would too,
>but 3 days is a long time to dig!

You don't mention how many pages you think are in this run. You may
be experiencing an infinite loop of some sort, where the URLs are
different, but it's really the same page.

> (null) heater
>Alarm clock
><<audifans:/files/www/audifans/cgi-bin:dans >> date
>Sat Jan 22 23:12:32 EST 2000
>[snip]
>Don't think I'm being y2k-paraonid - I'm not. But I can't figure
>out what else "alarm clock" would mean?

There is a limit of how long searches can take--I believe it's 5
minutes. If that expires, it will cancel the search.

How many times is "heater" likely to come up?