Re: [htdig] Can I delete these files?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Can I delete these files?
From: Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 07:19:05 PST

"Brian A. Marks" wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> Still trying to find out why many known search terms do not show up when
> searching, I have come to want to try a brand new site index, but I'm
> running out of server space. I see that the directory
> /home/myusername/....../htdig-3.1.4 takes up a LOT of space. Since the
> binaries appear in .../htdig/bin/ and the other files are in /conf/, etc.,
> can I delete the entire /htdig-3.1.4 tree if I understand that I'm losing
> the documentation? Or does anything refer to this directory?

You can safely delete everything of the source tree after you have
installed Ht://Dig. As you said, you will also junk the documenta-
tion in this case - however, you can either move the domcumentation
into another directory prior to deleting the source tree or simply
rely on what is available at http://www.htdig.org

hth,
  Torsten