[htdig] Compile errors of FreeBSD 3.3

Subject: [htdig] Compile errors of FreeBSD 3.3
From: Paul Wolstenholme (wolstena@sfu.ca)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 14:27:31 PST

Greetings,

I'm just compiled HtDig 3.1.4 on FreeBSD 3.3. It appears to have
compiled but during the make there were a lot of error messages like:

gcc -o db_load db_load.o err.o getlong.o libdb.a -lc_r
/usr/lib/libc.so: warning: this program uses gets(), which is unsafe.
/usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING! setkey(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING! des_setkey(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING! encrypt(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING! des_cipher(3) not present in the system!
/usr/lib/libc.so: warning: this program uses f_prealloc(), which is
stupid.

Anyone else have a similar experience? How can I fix it. The current
port at the FreeBSD site is 3.1.3. I've also sent a message to the
maintainer asking him if there were plans to upgrade the port.

/Paul