Re: [htdig] Problem with HTSEARCH

Subject: Re: [htdig] Problem with HTSEARCH
From: Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 02:01:02 PST

Justin Richardson wrote:

> Hopefully this is the correct address for HTDIG problems, please accept my
> apologies if incorrect.
>
> Have installed and complied HTDig and all works well, used rundig to
> generate a database which seems find. However, when I use the same
> HTSEARCH.HTML it returns thousands for spurious characters. Running
> HTSEARCH manually from Linux works fine.
>
> Any ideas?

I suspect that your server tries to transmit the contents of the
htsearch
program "as is" and not execute it as a CGI application. You should
therefore
check, if your server setup matches the installation of the htsearch CGI
appli-
cation. On some servers you need to have a file name extension like
".cgi" for
CGI applications. On others, you need to install the htsearch
application in
a special directory (for which you might need system administrator
privileges).

hth,

 Torsten