Re: [htdig] Using metatag other than htdig-notification-date?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Using metatag other than htdig-notification-date?
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 06:54:50 PST

According to Roel de Cock:
> Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> >htnotify doesn't use date_format, but it is very flexible in the formats
> >that are allowed. See http://www.htdig.org/notification.html for details.
>
> I did just that, of course, but the one case it doesn't seem to solve is our
> Dutch dd-mm-yyyy (especially in the ambiguous cases. I am confident though our
> intraweb pages are consistent). Fortunately I know where to hack htnotify.cc
> to get it to work.
>
> It'll have to be a quick hack for the time being, as I want to transfer our
> Harvest-based installation to ht://dig in due time. I hope I find some time to
> write a 'better' htnotify some day. Don't hold your breath ;-)

You shouldn't need to hack htnotify.cc. If you set "iso_8601: true" in
htnotify's config file, then it will try to scan the date as yyyy-mm-dd.
After that, the first heuristic test it tries is:

    if (dd > 31 && yy <= 31)
    {
        t = yy; yy = dd; dd = t;
    }

So, if your date is actually dd-mm-yyyy with a 4-digit year, and that year
is in the dd variable it scanned, then of course it will be larger than 31,
and your date, which will be in the yy variable, will be no larger than 31,
so it will transpose them. This should do exactly what you want, as long
as you stick to 4-digit years, and set iso_8601.