RE: [htdig] Using metatag other than htdig-notification-date?

Subject: RE: [htdig] Using metatag other than htdig-notification-date?
From: Roel de Cock (
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 00:03:48 PST

Gilles Detillieux wrote:

>If the tags you're using are also meta tags, but simply with different
>names, this is really easy. Just duplicate the existing lines in
>that deal with the htdig-specific meta tag names, and edit in your names.

I figured that one out alright.

>htnotify doesn't use date_format, but it is very flexible in the formats
>that are allowed. See for details.

I did just that, of course, but the one case it doesn't seem to solve is our
Dutch dd-mm-yyyy (especially in the ambiguous cases. I am confident though our
intraweb pages are consistent). Fortunately I know where to hack
to get it to work.

It'll have to be a quick hack for the time being, as I want to transfer our
Harvest-based installation to ht://dig in due time. I hope I find some time to
write a 'better' htnotify some day. Don't hold your breath ;-)

Thanks for the quick responses,